Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Lost Art of Follow Through

"It is the follow through that makes the great difference between ultimate success and failure, because it is so easy to stop."
Charles Kettering - Engineer and inventor

Two weeks ago I signed up for a free online database of information. I received a follow up call from them on Tuesday wanting to find ot more about us and my objectives as to why I signed up. Presumably they have additional services for a fee that he would like to pursuade me to buy. I was busy at the moment he called, but asked him to call back tomorrow at 3PM and I would love to talk about it. I truly was interested.

That was yesterday. Have not heard from him. What happened to follow up? What happened to follow through, doing what you say will do?

Admittedly he could have a valid reason. His kid could be sick, he could have gotten in a car accident at lunch. Who knows. But my guess is there is no reason. Either his lack of organization failed him, his CRM failed him or he just didn't do it. My guess is the latter.

Don't let this happen to you.

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: He called today. No mention of missing the scheduled call yesterday thus no apology either for missing the call yesterday. He proceeded to try to talk to me about his service and he knew zero about what we do as a company, and that what he offered was not an appropriate fit. It would have taken him a 30 second glance at our website. These salespeople get less training than a 7-11 clerk on how to sell.

    ReplyDelete