Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Own your conflicts

"The base paths belonged to me, the runner. The rules gave me the right. I always went into a bag full speed, feet first. I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault." - Ty Cobb

Taking charge of a situation. Ownership of an issue or a problem. Setting expectations up front. Addressing conflict head on.

People get jealous or upset. Emotions flare and irrational thoughts bubble to the surface. People see not the truth but what they perceive to be true. Frustration sets it...misunderstandings prevail, running rampant. Approach the situation directly, tactfully, carefully, but do not let it fester or grow, as it will only get worse. Do not shy away from the conflict, address it carefully, with concern, empathy and compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment